A humble opinion: black is back (and it never left, in my books).
I wear a lot of black, and as a Melburnian that’s pretty standard. We are known for our dark wardrobes. However I also am an avid pattern lover, a new-found pink advocate, and a Gorman-obsessed hoarder of things like a pineapple printed skirt. But I’ll always come back to black, and I own quite a bit of it. Lately I’ve been thinking that there is more than one reason why I like to wear black.
I’ve compiled a little list for you, right here.
Reasons that I wear black clothing:
1. Black matches EVERYTHING. Literally 99% of my wardrobe can be worn with black jeans, or a black jacket. It makes things so much easier when you’re getting dressed. And also, if you don’t wanna thing about matching at all? Just wear all black.
2. Black is slimming and makes you look sexy. Like duh, we all know that. A black skinny looks so much better on me than a yellow one. It just hides any bumps and lumps.
3. Black camouflages stains. Coffee stain? What coffee stain? Legit, I am a super messy person, and I often spill food on myself. That’s why I sadly rarely wear white.
4. It works for every season, which means it’s anti-fast fashion! This one is legitimately my fave. I mean, firstly, the black clothes you buy will not date. You can outfit repeat them like there’s no tomorrow! But also – in a world where were buying more and more clothing and creating so much trash, black clothing that is timeless can be worn again and again, meaning you don’t have to buy a new jacket next season! Save your wallet and the Earth and never be out of style.
5. Black is hella cool & I f***ing like it. Aside from all the above reasons, I don’t feel like I need a reason besides this one hehe.
So there you go. If anyone tries to tell you not to wear black, or that you’re mo, or that you should wear more colour, tell them to kindly pls stahp coz black is the new black, babes.
Shop my favourite black pieces below: