So, anyone who knows me knows that I have a terrible sweet tooth. My weaknesses include cookies, ice-cream, lollies, Nutella, any dessert with peanut butter, frozen yogurt, chocolate and of course, PANCAKES.
Of course, traditional pancakes are basically lots of sugar and not much else… so I have searched far and wide and experimented with different so-called ‘healthy’ pancake recipes. I’m gonna share my favourite version with you guys 🙂
Not only do these guys look very photogenic, but they are dairy free, dairy free and have no added sugar besides what’s in the fruit naturally.
I have made these into berry pancakes by adding frozen raspberries into the mix for half of the pancake batter, but feel free to customise them to suit your tastes. You can try other fruits like blueberries or apples, or even add some cacao to make them chocolatey. The possibilities are actually endless.
So get out your frying pan and make a big batch of these, guilt free. Check out the super simple recipe below!
GUILT-FREE OATY BANANA PANCAKES
1 large ripe banana
2 handfuls of rolled oats
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Splash of nut milk (I use almond or you can use water if you want)
Berries, banana, peanut butter, yogurt, granola…
(whatever you wanna decorate with!)
1. Blend the oats until they become a fine flour-like consistency.
2. Mash banana and whisk egg and mix with the oat flour. Add the nut milk slowly and mix in until you get a pancake batter consistency which is runny but still thick. I usually end up adding about half a cup I think.
3. Heat your pan up, low-medium heat is best, and grease with oil of your choice (mine is usually rice bran oil or coconut oil).
4. Pour small amounts of batter on the pan in a round shape. Cook ’til you see little bubbles then flip em.
5. Decorate with whatever yummy things you like. I love peanut butter and berries with mine!